The desire for high, defined cheekbones has been a beauty standard for centuries, and for some individuals, achieving this look can be difficult through makeup alone. Fortunately, several surgical and non-surgical options are available for those looking to enhance and augment their cheeks, including cheek implants and fillers. These procedures can provide a long-lasting solution for those seeking to improve the symmetry and proportion of their facial features.
How Do Cheek Implants Surgery, Cheek Augmentation & Enhancement Work?
Cheek implant surgery involves placing solid, silicone implants on top of the cheekbones to enhance their size and shape. The implants come in various shapes and sizes, allowing for customization to fit the patient’s needs.
Cheek augmentation and enhancement, on the other hand, typically involve the injection of fillers such as hyaluronic acid or fat into the cheeks to add volume and contour. These procedures are less invasive than cheek implant surgery and do not require any incisions.
Both cheek implant surgery and cheek augmentation can be performed under local anesthesia, and recovery time varies depending on the individual and the extent of the procedure.
What Are The Different Treatments For Cheek Implants Surgery, Cheek Augmentation & Enhancement?
The different treatments for cheek implants surgery, cheek augmentation, and enhancement include:
- Cheek implant surgery: It involves the insertion of silicone or other materials into the cheek area through an incision made either inside the mouth or through the lower eyelid.
- Fat grafting: This involves injecting fat from another part of the body into the cheeks.
- Injectable fillers: Hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane, Perlane, and Juvéderm can add volume and definition to the cheeks.
- Thread lifting: This involves the insertion of small, dissolvable threads beneath the skin to lift and contour the cheeks.
- Mid-face lift: This surgical procedure lifts and tightens the skin of the cheeks and mid-face.
Treatment choice depends on the patient’s goals, facial structure, and desired enhancement. It is important to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine the best treatment option.
What Are The Benefits Of These Procedures?
There are several benefits of getting cheek implants surgery, cheek augmentation, and enhancement, including:
- Enhanced Facial Definition: Cheek implants can help improve the definition of the midface and cheekbones, providing a more youthful and attractive appearance.
- Improved Symmetry: Cheek implants or fillers can help address asymmetry in the cheeks, resulting in a more balanced and harmonious appearance.
- Customizable Results: Cheek implants come in different shapes and sizes, allowing patients to achieve customized results that complement their facial features.
- Long-lasting Results: Cheek implants are a long-lasting solution, with results that can last for several years or even a lifetime.
- Minimally Invasive: Cheek augmentation with fillers is a minimally invasive procedure that requires little to no downtime and produces immediate results.
- Boosted Confidence: Cheek implants surgery or augmentation can boost self-confidence and self-esteem, resulting in a more positive outlook.
It is important to consult a qualified plastic surgeon to determine the most appropriate treatment option based on individual needs and goals.
Who Are Good Candidates?
Good candidates for cheek implant surgery, cheek augmentation, and enhancement are individuals who are in good health, have realistic expectations, and desire to enhance the appearance of their cheeks. They may have a flat or sunken midface, undefined cheekbones, or asymmetry in their cheeks.
In addition, it is also important for candidates to have a sufficient amount of facial tissue to support the implants or fillers. Candidates should also be aware of the risks and potential complications associated with these procedures and have a thorough consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon to determine if they are suitable candidates.
What Are The Potential Drawbacks?
Like any surgical procedure, cheek implant surgery and augmentation/enhancement carry potential drawbacks and risks. These include:
- Infection: There is a risk of infection during and after the surgery, which can lead to complications.
- Bleeding and bruising: The procedure involves making incisions, which can result in bleeding and bruising.
- Scarring: There may be visible scars depending on the type of incision made.
- Numbness or altered sensation: There is a chance that the nerves around the implant may become damaged, leading to numbness or altered sensation.
- Implant displacement or rejection: There is a small risk of the implant shifting from its original position or being rejected by the body.
- Asymmetry: The cheeks can become uneven or asymmetrical after the procedure.
- Dissatisfaction with results: While many people are satisfied with the results of cheek implant surgery or cheek augmentation/enhancement, there is a chance that one may not be happy with the outcome.
Discuss these potential drawbacks with the surgeon before deciding to undergo the procedure, and carefully consider the risks versus the potential benefits.
What Are The Recovery And Aftercare?
The recovery and aftercare for cheek implant surgery, augmentation, and enhancement depend on the procedure performed. In general, patients may experience some swelling, bruising, and discomfort in the days following the procedure.
After the surgery, patients should rest and avoid any strenuous activity for a few days. To alleviate any discomfort, pain medication may be prescribed. Ice packs may also be recommended to reduce swelling and bruising.
Patients should also follow any specific aftercare instructions provided by their surgeon, such as keeping the surgical site clean and avoiding certain foods and activities. It is important to attend all follow-up appointments with the surgeon to monitor the healing process and address any concerns.
Full recovery may take several weeks to a few months, depending on the individual and the extent of the procedure. During this time, patients should avoid direct sun exposure and wear sunscreen when outdoors to protect the healing skin.
The Bottom Line
Cheek implants surgery, cheek augmentation, and enhancement can help you achieve the cheekbones of your dreams and enhance your facial features. If you are interested in cheek implants surgery, cheek augmentation, and enhancement, our awesome friends at Rawnsley Plastic Surgery can help you today. Ultimately, give your cheeks the lift they deserve and watch your confidence soar to new heights with cheek implant surgery or augmentation.